Review: Pleasure Unbound by Larissa Ione

Title: Pleasure Unbound
Author: Larissa Ione
Series: Demonica, #1
Publisher: Forever
Release Date: June 20, 2008
Pages: 389
Rating:

In a place where ecstasy can cost you your life . . . 
She's a demon-slayer who hungers for sensual pleasure-but fears it will always be denied her. Until Tayla Mancuso lands in a hospital run by demons in disguise, and the head doctor, Eidolon, makes her body burn with unslakable desire. But to prove her ultimate loyalty to her peers, she must betray the surgeon who saved her life. Two lovers will dare to risk all.

Eidolon cannot resist this fiery, dangerous woman who fills him with both rage and passion. Not only is she his avowed enemy, but she could very well be the hunter who has been preying upon his people. Torn between his need for the truth and his quest to find his perfect mate before a horrific transformation claims him forever, Eidolon will dare the unthinkable-and let Tayla possess him, body and soul...

Demons and Hospitals?? This is on my top paranormal romance series and I did not expect to like it as much as I did. Tayla is a slayer and she hunts to what she believes is to be evil, which is demons, vampires, werewolves, etc. But she ends up getting hurt on the job and ends up in a demon hospital where her doctor is the very hot and sexy, sex demon, Eidolon. I did not expect something like this at all. I think I love the concept of demons having a hospital that they work at healing others and sex demons? oh, god.

Tayla is a very subborn woman sometimes but she has also had an awful past and everything she believes in is that demons are evil, there is no such thing as compassion and goodness in a demon but Eidolon proves her wrong. Tayla is very attracted to Eidolon but she cannot trust him just yet. Eidlon also has a growing attraction to Tayla as well and he needs to prove to Tayla that all demons are not evil, that they are just like humans but a different species.

"I'll bet you could make a woman throw out all her toys."

Eidolon has two brothers, Wraith and Shade..OMG. they are just as hot and sexy as Eidolon, but I won't go into too much detail on them, I save that for their books. But these three brothers have this special bond with each other and I love reading their scenes together because right away you have no doubt in your mind that these guys are brother. Unbound Pleasure brings so much emotion in me, it was beautifully written, every part.

I enjoyed following all these characters for the ride especially Tayla and Eidolon. I really wanted to know about Tayla's dark past and if you would be able to let Eidolon in. I think that some of it has to do with that Eidolon is a demon but another part thinks that she has never really been with a guy and it is hard for her to trust someone that cares so deeply for her, she has never had that.

I enjoyed every minute of this book and it was very hard for me to put it down. I feel so connected with these characters and I mean almost every single one of these characters that had a major role in this book. I look forward to Shade's book next and hope it is as sexy as Eidolon's book. Great paranormal romance with action, drama, romance, and passion.



1 comment :

  1. I absolutely loved this whole series, not one book I didn't love. My fave is Wraith so far I think

    ReplyDelete