Review: Queen of Shadows by Dianne Sylvan

Title: Queen of Shadows
Author: Dianne Sylvan
Series: Shadow World, #1
Publisher: Ace
Release Date: August 31, 2010
Pages: 389
Rating:

Spread throughout the dark corners of our world lies the Shadow World, a society of vampires that feeds off the living. In Austin, Texas, one woman’s madness will drive her into a world that few people ever see–or even know exists…

Shortly after she picked up a guitar, Miranda Grey conquered the Austin music scene with a newfound ability to psychically manipulate her audience’s emotions. But as her powers outgrow her control, her mind is increasingly invaded by haunting secrets and overwhelming sadness. Unable to look anyone in the eye, Miranda is fast approaching the edge of insanity–with no one to catch her fall…

When he outlawed killing humans, David Solomon ignited a civil war among Austin’s vampires. As Prime of the South, his sympathy for mortals angered the old guard who refuse to control their violent urges. David has his hands full with the growing insurgency, but he takes in a broken-down woman, a musician in need of supernatural guidance. Little does he know that Miranda Grey has the power to change his world as well…

This series is a first in a series and is suppose to be considered urban fantasy but has a bit of both urban fantasy and paranormal romance included with in it. At the start of the book, I thought that main heroine, Miranda was an okay character but as soon as I hot farther into the book she grew into this strong character and I love this woman. The hero of this book is the very hot and sexy prime, David Solomon. oh, god I love this man! He is so sweet and such a romantic, I mean they way he is wit Miranda some parts he is so romantic and god, I want him! and we also have David's second in command, Faith! if I had a best friend it would so be Faith! she is so badass and when she is keeping Miranda company, i just love those scenes where they are talking about David and the rumors going around at the haven about David and Miranda...

There is also Devon and Jonathon. I want to know more about these two so bad. I hope we get more info about them in the next book! There were some things in this book I so did not like in this book like Miranda's best friends, Kat. I cant stand that girl. Miranda come back in her new apartment from the haven and Kat fixes her up wit a guy, and come on! she just is recovering from a heartbreaking experience. God, could Kat be even more insensitive. Kat says that she go out and be friends but Miranda doesn't wanna be around guys rite now, she's not able to touch them or have them touch her after what happened. Kat is so horrible, at least consider her feelings on the whole situation. In secret she is like just be friends but like while reading the book I already know that Kat hopes that they will grow into more than that. God. But of course Miranda only has one guy in her heart..(Solomon) but I think Kat is to naggy and is always trying to get into Miranda's bussiness. I would never want a friend like that. I also didnt like the spys/betrayers to the haven I thought like every frickin' guard there was a spy for Ariana. I mean the only ones that seemed safe were the servants.

I thought this love story was so beautiful and very emotional, sad at times because Sylvan does a great job with her words, and I think this is an amazing start into a series. I think that the second book is gonna be 10X better than this book. I read the description for book 2 on her website and wish it was July already. Book 2 sounds more action packed. I think this book is damn amazing and seriously a really good read. If your looking for a great read this is your book.



No comments :

Post a Comment