Review: Twice Bitten by Chloe Neill

Title: Twice Bitten
Author: Chloe Neill
Series: Chicagoland Vampires, #3
Publisher: NAL Trade
Release Date: July 6, 2010
Pages: 355
Rating:

Merit, Chicago’s newest vampire, is learning how to play well with others. Other supernaturals, that is. Shapeshifters from across the country are convening in the Windy City, and as a gesture of peace, Master Vampire Ethan Sullivan has offered their leader a very special bodyguard: Merit. Merit is supposed to protect the Alpha, Gabriel Keene—and to spy for the vamps while she’s at it. Oh, and luckily Ethan’s offering some steamy, one-on-one combat training sessions to help her prepare for the mission.

Merit must accept the assignment, even though she knows that she’ll probably regret it. And she’s not wrong. Someone is gunning for Gabriel Keene, and Merit soon finds herself in the line of fire. She’ll need all the help she can get to track down the would-be assassin, but everywhere she turns, there are rising tensions between supernaturals—not least between her and a certain green-eyed, centuries old master vampire.

I have been obsessing over this book and counting down the days, hoping the clock and the days would go faster. I was so happy when I heard that Barnes and Nobles when shipping early and I ended up getting the book a week before the release date and then I was wishing the UPS guy would hurry up and move faster. I really love this series! If you remember from Friday Night Bites, Merit was getting mysterious unsigned invitations and we finally find out who is sending them.

We meet Gabriel Keene, Alpha of the shifters who have come to town and Ethan needs Merit to help with security for the shifters. The vampire world may be facing destruction, war and they need the assistance of the shifters for back up. Merit keeps on training to become stronger, but with her sexy master vamp, Ethan as her instructor. And Ethan is very hard to resist and the romance between them heats up quite a bit. Mallory and Merit are still not on speaking terms, due to their disagreement in Friday Night Bites and oh, yea a woman from Ethan’s past shows up.

I always enjoy reading each book in the series, not just for the romance, action and the sexy vamps. But, Merit grows so much as a character. In this book, she becomes stronger and proves to be honorable and loyal to Ethan. She is very mature. I find her most definitely becoming a master vamp in the future. I actually see her that way now. I find her tough, strong, loyal, smart, and she examines and looks at the every consequence before she decides on something.

Ethan has changed also since the first book. I feel that he is changing into a fine man. He is learning what it means to feel something and finally thinking of himself for the first time in his life. He has always thought of Cadogan House and now he finally considers thinking about what he wants, but the question is will he take the step in getting what he wants. I also have a new favorite character, Gabriel Keene. I find him fun, loyal, well, everything that Merit is. I think he will be a strong ally. He does what he thinks is right for his pack. I cannot wait to learn more about this guy.

I really liked that we got to learn about Ethan’s past. I always wanted to know who is this guy and what was his life like before he became a vampire and how to he become a vampire. I finally really understand him a bit more and the choices that he makes. In this book he made me wonder some things about him concerning his decisions and questioning some things, because I was mad at him for a certain decision he made.

I thought this book was a lot more funnier, well this certain scene with the girls night out (very funny). TWICE BITTEN had a ending that made me crave for the fourth book in the series, Hard Bitten coming May 2011. I am really looking forward to see what will happen in the next book in the series.



No comments :

Post a Comment