Review: Angelfire by Courtney Allison Moulton


Title: Angelfire
Author: Courtney Allison Moulton
Series: Angelfire, #1
Publisher: HarperTeen
Release Date: February 15, 2011
Pages: 453
Rating:

When seventeen-year-old Ellie starts seeing reapers - monstrous creatures who devour humans and send their souls to Hell - she finds herself on the front lines of a supernatural war between archangels and the Fallen and faced with the possible destruction of her soul.

A mysterious boy named Will reveals she is the reincarnation of an ancient warrior, the only one capable of wielding swords of angelfire to fight the reapers, and he is an immortal sworn to protect her in battle. Now that Ellie's powers have been awakened, a powerful reaper called Bastian has come forward to challenge her. He has employed a fierce assassin to eliminate her - an assassin who has already killed her once.

While balancing her dwindling social life and reaper-hunting duties, she and Will discover Bastian is searching for a dormant creature believed to be a true soul reaper. Bastian plans to use this weapon to ignite the End of Days and to destroy Ellie's soul, ending her rebirth cycle forever. Now, she must face an army of Bastian's most frightening reapers, prevent the soul reaper from consuming her soul, and uncover the secrets of her past lives - including truths that may be too frightening to remember.


So what I have been seeing from young adult authors are quite a bit of vampire and werewolf book series, but it is nice that it is going beyond that into angels and demons. I have got to say that I need something new. I have read a couple of angel and demons young adult book this past year including Becca Flitzpatrick's Hush Hush and Kate Lauren's Fallen, but nothing compares to Angelfire by Courtney Allison Moulton. I was blown away. Whens the next book coming out? I am already ready to see what happens next.

So this is what we have....a kick-butt heroine and a hot and mysterious hero who I want all to myself. Oh, and if you want action, you got it! Angelfire tells the story of 17 year old Ellie who is a seemingly normal teenage girl except for the fact that she is the reincarnation of an ancient warrior, the Preliator, able to destroy evil reapers with angelfire. Will, her guardian is there is defend and protect her. Ellie is coming to remember her powers and her past and the reapers may have found a way to destroy Ellie for good, no more reincarnation. And so the story begins.

I loved every single moment in this book and found that I was unable to put it down. We have an amazing storyline and intriguing characters. I really liked Ellie. I really like that nowadays authors are impressing me with they young heroines. Ellie is a normal teenager and she is thrown into this world that she doesn't immediately understand. And with Will guiding her along t he way she becomes stronger, not just physically, but also emotionally. I think that she has become quite a woman by the end of the book and I really like Ellie as a character.

So, who could not love Will? If you don't I'll take him right off your hands if you don't mind..I loved this guy. From the moment we met Will in Angelfire, he has always been so mysterious and I don't know anything about this guy, but would like to know all I can. And even after the end of the book, I still have more questions, I want to know more about this intriguing character. I think there are so many ways to describe Will. He is funny, moody, sarcastic, serious, determined and grumpy at times and I love him.

The action was amazing and there was lots of it. And a couple of chapter you just cannot put this book, you have to keep reading and reading and reading until you get to the end. I loved the struggles the characters went through, because it shows how the characters can make it through them and how stronger a person it makes them. I loved Moulton's writing and enjoyed it. The romance in this book was amazing, I felt like I haven't enjoyed a young adult paranormal romance book in so long and Moulton nailed it spot on. I enjoyed the side characters just as much as the main characters, and there is this one character I need to know more about, Cadan. I don't know why, but I feel like there is more to him that meets the eye. He is another character that I need to know more about.

This was one of best young adult books that I have ever read about angels and demons, well actually I have to say it is the best. I enjoyed it too much and now Moulton has me obsessing over this series. Debut author, Courtney Allison Moulton will blow you away with Angelfire with two more books in this trilogy that will make you wish that they were already out on the shelves.
.

2 comments :

  1. Awesome review darling! I'll keep an eye out for this one! =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a great review!! I just recently finished it and I thought is was wonderful!! WIll is so yummy!
    I must agree with you one Caden, he just seems like trouble but I need to find out more about him.I must say I feel like the author took some bits and pieces from other books and made her book better. I was reminded of other books while reading but felt hers such a better take on it. I can't believe it will be like another year for wings of the wicked.

    here's my review
    http://paranormallyromanced.blogspot.com/2011/03/review-angelfire-courtney-allison.html

    ReplyDelete