Review: Fragile Eternity by Melissa Marr

Title: Fragile Eternity
Author: Melissa Marr
Series: Wicked Lovely, #3
Publisher: HarperTeen
Release Date: April 21, 2009
Pages: 389
Rating:

Seth never expected he would want to settle down with anyone—but that was before Aislinn. She is everything he'd ever dreamed of, and he wants to be with her forever. Forever takes on new meaning, though, when your girlfriend is an immortal faery queen.

Aislinn never expected to rule the very creatures who'd always terrified her—but that was before Keenan. He stole her mortality to make her a monarch, and now she faces challenges and enticements beyond any she'd ever imagined.

In Melissa Marr's third mesmerizing tale of Faerie, Seth and Aislinn struggle to stay true to themselves and each other in a milieu of shadowy rules and shifting allegiances, where old friends become new enemies and one wrong move could plunge the Earth into chaos.

More Ashlinn, Seth, and Keenan. Who could ask for me than this. I was really excited to start FRAGILE ETERNITY and continue with these characters story. The story picks up right after what has happened in Wicked Lovely. Ashlinn is still adjusting to being summer queen. Seth is is dealing with Ashlinn being summer queen and also Keenan is having some problems with Donia. This book was not as exciting as Wicked Lovely, but it was still a great read.

I love that we get all the characters point of view. It makes me to connect to each character in a way and see things from their point of view, which I love. I love all of these characters and you really end up having a place in your heart for each one of them, even the new characters. In Wicked Lovely I really didn't connect much with Ashlinn's love interest, Seth, but after FRAGILE ETERNITY I have this new kind of respect for him. I think since the beginning he has grown as a character, but Keenan is still my number 1.

Ashlinn, Keenan, and Donia are all having issues concerning one another and go through hurt and heartbreak throughout this book and it just makes you wonder about the relationship between these characters. I think that Donia/Keenan and Ashlinn/Keenan are great couples, but sometimes I get the feeling that Keenan would make a great love interest for both of them. I want Ashlinn and Keenan to be together though. I think that this book was so different from the last two books, because it seemed more mature. I mean it is kind of hard to explain, but I felt like the characters have all grown into respectable people and there are these problems they face, and when reading it, it didn't seem like young adult.

Things happen at the end that make you want to know what happens now? We won't really know until the last book, Darkest Mercy seeing that is the next book with the focus on Donia, Keenan, Seth, and Ashlinn, but I am looking forward to read the next companion novel, sequel to Ink Exchange. Side characters are very interesting and it is great to get inside their head.




2 comments :

  1. Had to skim this review, but cool that you enjoyed it! thsi series is on my wishlist =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review. Have this on my wish/tbr list

    ReplyDelete