Review: Hush Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick


Title: Hush Hush
Author: Becca Fitzpatrick
Series: Hush Hush , #1
Publisher: Simon and Schuster
Release Date: October 13, 2009
Pages: 391
Rating:

For Nora Grey, romance was not part of the plan. She's never been particularly attracted to the boys at her school, no matter how much her best friend, Vee, pushes them at her. Not until Patch came along. With his easy smile and eyes that seem to see inside her, Nora is drawn to him against her better judgment.

But after a series of terrifying encounters, Nora's not sure who to trust. Patch seems to be everywhere she is, and to know more about her than her closest friends. She can't decide whether she should fall into his arms or run and hide. And when she tries to seek some answers, she finds herself near a truth that is way more unsettling than anything Patch makes her feel.

For Nora is right in the middle of an ancient battle between the immortal and those that have fallen - and, when it comes to choosing sides, the wrong choice will cost her life.


From what turned from months to weeks to days I have been staring at this book every time I go into the bookstore, just staring at the lovely cover and I finally broke down and bought it. I couldn't resist. I have heard many mixed reviews on HUSH HUSH hoping to hell that I would like it and guess what I did enjoy it immensely and I am in love with all things angels.

Fallen angels is a wonderful topic to write about for Fitzpatrick and I am so glad that she did. After finishing HUSH HUSH I hunted down every angel book book I could find in the paranormal romance/urban fantasy genre. I am addicted. There is just something about fallen angels that attracts me to them, but then again it may just be Patch.

I really enjoyed the concept of fallen angels that Fitzpatrick has come up with. This book was a real page turner and also a bit scary for me at some certain parts. I like the part where Patch is the ultimate bad boy who has a mission of his own. TARGET: NORA GREY. And also where he ends up falling in love with her.

Patch is so cocky and dangerous and I just love that in a character. If you know me you know just how much I love it when a man has that dangerous and mysterious feel about him. There is still so much we don't know about Patch and I hope we get more about his past in the next book and also about Nora, she is also a bit of mystery, and when I say mystery I say her heritage.

I love the relationship between Patch and Nora and I am really interested in where it will go from here. Nora has been having trouble accepting her feelings for Patch and Patch is just beginning to see that he is actually falling for this girl. I am so interested by this relationship. Patch is the ultimate bad boy and the scenes when Nora and Patch are spending time together are too funny. Patch seems to always have something to say that makes me laugh.

"You smell good, too,” said Patch It’s called a shower.” I was staring straight ahead. When he didn’t answer, I turned sideways. “Soap. Shampoo. Hot water.” Naked. I know the drill."

I loved this book. Exciting plot, intriguing characters, beautiful romance. This story is much darker than I am used to but I loved the dark aspect of it. I feel HUSH HUSH is a book every young adult paranormal romance fan should check out, because I really think they would enjoy it. I am curious to see where Fitzpatrick goes with this story and what will happen next in the next book, Crescendo.

3 comments :

  1. Great review! I have yet to read this one, can you believe it?? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great review....the cover caught my attention some time ago....I really should by it but the TBR stack next to my bed is getting bigger and bigger and I don't know where to start^^

    thx for stopping by my blog btw...I'm following you back =)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this too - well I loved Patch! You're lucky since Crescendo is already out. I haven't read it yet but hope it's good!

    ReplyDelete