Review: Dragon Bound by Thea Harrison

Title:  Dragon Bound
Author:  Thea Harrison
Series:  Elder Races, #1
Publisher:  Berkley
Release Date:  May 3, 2011
Pages:  312
Rating:  


Half-human and half-wyr, Pia Giovanni spent her life keeping a low profile among the wyrkind and avoiding the continuing conflict between them and their dark Fae enemies. But after being blackmailed into stealing a coin from the hoard of a dragon, Pia finds herself targeted by one of the most powerful-and passionate-of the Elder races.

Dragon Bound has a beautiful romance happening here, but I just felt like something huge was missing, I'm just not sure what. Our heroine, Pia is a tough little cookie which I quite liked. I just had a problem getting used to her name. By the middle I got use to it, but at the beginning I really did not like the name, Pia.

The hero of the story is one hot alpha that you will be adding to you favorites ASAP. Dragos is everything I love in a hero of a Paranormal Romance story. He is very jealous, and possessive. And he won't hesitate to tell his woman over and over that, "She is mine." I fell madly in love with Dragos. I just love that demanding attitude he has.

"All I took was a freaking penny. Besides, I already gave you another one.” “You took a 1962 penny,” Dragos said. His teeth were gritted. “You left a 1975 penny. It’s no replacement.” She stared at him. “Oh my God, it’s scary you noticed that."

The thing that was missing. I felt that while I was reading it I had to push myself quite a bit to get the reading done. I don't know if it's because I lost my "perfect reading spot" where I love to read or what. A lot of spots were slow, as I got farther in other parts got better. I just don't know. I just wasn't feeling it one hundred percent.

If I take the missing part out this book turns into a phenomenal Paranormal Romance Book. I just love the dialogue between the characters. I love Pia's sassy attitude and jokes. The dialogue is the one thing that I can tell you Harrison nailed. I am looking forward to the sequel and hope I enjoy it more than Dragon Bound.


No comments :

Post a Comment