Review: Gentlemen Prefer Succubi by Jill Myles

Title:  Gentlemen Prefer Succubi
Author:  Jill Myles
Series:  Succubus Diaries, #1
Publisher:  Pocket
Release Date:  December 12, 2009
Pages:  329
Rating:  


Who Knew An Angel Could Get A Girl In So Much Devilish Trouble?

Jackie Brighton woke up in a Dumpster this morning, and her day has only gotten weirder. Her familiar B-cups have somehow become double Ds, her sex drive is insatiable, and apparently she had her first one-night stand ever...with a fallen angel. All she remembers is gorgeous Noah's oddly hypnotic blue eyes...and then a dark stranger whose bite transformed her into an immortal siren with a sexy itch. With help from Noah, Jackie begins to adapt to her new lifestyle — until she accidentally sends Noah into the deadly clutches of the vampire queen and lands herself in a fierce battle for an ancient halo with the queen's wickedly hot righthand man. Who just happens to be the vampire who originally bit her. How's a girl supposed to save the world when the enemy's so hard to resist?

Reading  Gentlemen Prefer Succubi  reminded me how I absolutely love humorous paranormal romance books.  Gentlemen Prefer Succubi  was very romantic, funny and just a real fun read.

Geeky Jackie our heroine of the story gets turned into a succubus without her consent and she is trying to still live a normal live without changing anything, except for one problem...Her whole appearance has changed. She is even more sexier than before and all the men are noticing and want a piece of her. I liked Jackie. She is very normal and geeky and there were times I thought she was really dumb, but she is still adjusting to becoming a succubus and I think she's doing a great job adjusting.


Then Zane leaned in and kissed my mouth. “I won’t make you do anything you don’t want to do, Jackie. Ever. Remember that.”

There are two men in Jackie's life. Noah and Zane. Noah is the sexy angel, though I don't quite think he is as hot as Zane. He is okay compared to the drop dead gorgeous vampire, Zane. I felt that Zane really cared about Jackie a lot and would do anything for her. Who doesn't love a naughty little bad boy who also has this sweet and kind side to him. It makes us fan girls swoon!

I guess now all Jackie has to do is make a decision though her decision kind of through me. But hey! A girl has to look out for her needs, right? It will be quite interesting to see how things with the guys turn out.  Gentlemen Prefer Succubi  was quite a fun and exciting read and I look forward to the next book. 

1 comment :

  1. This series sounds like it's a fun read. I have them all and can't wait to start them. From your review I think I'd pick Zane :-)

    ReplyDelete