Review: The Empress' New Clothes by Jaid Black

Title: The Empress' New Clothes
Author: Jaid Black
Series: Trek Mi Q'an, #1
Publisher: Ellora's Cave
Release Date: November 17, 2006
Pages: 329
Rating:

Modern day Earth woman Kyra Summers is kidnapped and wed by a seven-foot tall, thickly muscled warrior claiming to be her Sacred Mate. Life on his home planet Tryston takes some getting used to, as the laws of the world cater to erotic hedonism and leave females at the sexual subjugation of the barbarians who claim them.

No one said love with an alien would come easily. Enjoy Kyra's spicy escapades as she adjusts to life and love in another dimension.

THE EMPRESS' NEW CLOTHES was an interesting and fun read for me. I love sci-fi erotica themes. Especially ones like this one where the hero is from a different world/planet and the heroine is his mate. I found myself quite enjoying the story a lot.

Kyra and her best friend, Ger are relaxing in a resort while the Emperor of Trek Mi Q'an, Zor finds out that his queen is the lovely, Kyra, so he goes and takes Kyra away to his planet. Kyra must learn and obey all of the customs of Zor's planet that are all very revealing and sexual, and so not normal from where she comes from.

“I’ll go to sleep. But first, I want to put some clothes on.” Zor grunted. His eyes remained shut. “You will always remain naked whilst alone in my presence, yet will I allow you the dress of Trystonni women whilst in the company of others.”

The truth of the matter is that I am just getting started in the erotica genre, so I haven't read a lot of erotica, but THE EMPRESS' NEW CLOTHES was one of the best reads I have read in a long time. I think what I loved about this book was the different customs of Zor's planet. There are a lot of sex scenes in this book so be warned! I didn't mind it, so much because I loved everything about this book and plus it's apart of the storyline as well because Zor's planet customs and everything sort of centers on the sex.

“I could never hate you.” Kyra shook her head. “Never.” “Ah nee’ka .” Zor kissed her cheek, then turned her face slightly to kiss the tip of her nose. “I do not deserve one so fine as you.”

This book was "laugh-out-loud" funny some of the time. I loved watching Kyra learning all of the customs and fitting in her role as queen and just doing stuff she never thought she would do because it is looked down upon on Earth by people. She gets to do what she wants and no feel ashamed of it. And I loved Zor! He was everything you loved in an Alpha hero! He was arrogant, jealous, hot-tempered and so worthy of your drooling all over him!

As I've said again and again, I loved THE EMPRESS' NEW CLOTHES and I will definitely be reading the other books in the Trek Mi Q'an Series. I am hoping I will like them as much as I did this book.

No comments :

Post a Comment