Review: Hot Blooded by Amanda Carlson

Title: Hot Blooded
Author: Amanda Carlson
Series: Jessica McClain, #2
Publisher: Orbit
Release Date: April 23, 2013
Pages: 320
Rating:

It hasn't been the best week for Jessica McClain.

Her mate has been kidnapped by a Goddess hell-bent on revenge --- but Jessica is playing for keeps.

Because she's the only female werewolf in town...it comes with its own set of rules...and powers.

Aided by two vamps, two loyal Pack members, and one very reluctant human, Jessica must rescue her man while coming to terms with what being a wolf really means.

All in a day's work for a girl.

The second novel in the Jessica McClain series is a full on action adventure featuring one angry Goddess and plenty of monsters, demons, and a few newly risen beasties...

Jessica is turning into quite the bad ass! I liked HOT BLOODED, but not quite as much as the first book in the series, Full Blooded. This book picks up right where the last one ended and it starts all cool and wicked with more prophecies arising to what Jessica is or will become that makes a lot of supernatural creatures wanting to take her down!

There are some new characters that I fell in loved with as well as the old ones and I'm loving these characters and I'm excited for what's to come. In HOT BLOODED Jessica has to go and get back her man, Rourke from the evil clutches of bitch goddess, Sabine. I felt like I spent too much time in the traveling and rescuing department. And there was NOT ENOUGH ROURKE! I need more sexy times, like now! Don't you know the sexy times are the best parts of books?

But I absolutely loved the new developments with Jessica and the new powers, abilities she has. It is wicked cool, but I wanna explore more into that. But the storyline and plot in HOT BLOODED was totally cool and I really can't wait to see what's going to happen next in the next Jessica McClain book!



3 comments :

  1. What not enough Rourke? Ah man I agree I need my sexy time especially when it comes to my man Rourke. I look forward to getting my Rourke fix. Great review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What!? Only three stars? I admit that I was hoping for more Rourke sexy time but this is an UF series not PNR so it’s to be expected. Great action more than makes up for a lack of nookie IMO.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl, 3 stars is still in the like zone. LOL And, I know it’s UF, but I think I was hoping to learn a little bit more about Rourke and the man that he is. I think that I got a little burned out there in the middle.

    I didn’t expect for like the entire book for them to be looking for that goddess. So it was like, “Move it along” for me. Was still good for me. The plot of this one just wasn’t my cup of tea though. I can’t wait for Cold Blooded though

    ReplyDelete