Review: Kiss of a Demon King by Kresley Cole

Title: Kiss of a Demon King
Author: Kresley Cole
Series: Immortals After Dark, #6
Publisher: Pocket
Release Date: January 20, 2009
Pages: 417
Rating:

HIS OBSESSION...
Sabine, Sorceress of Illusions: the evil beauty who surrenders her body, but not her heart.

HER DOWNFALL...
Rydstrom Woede: the ruthless warrior who vows to keep her at all costs.

THEY WERE NEVER SUPPOSED TO WANT EACH OTHER THIS MUCH...
With each smoldering encounter, their shared hunger only increases. If they can defeat the sinister enemy that stands between them, will Sabine make the ultimate sacrifice for her demon? Or will the proud king lay down his crown and arms to save his sorceress?
I went into KISS OF A DEMON KING really nervous. I've read reviews, people. And the reviews come to be true. I liked this installment, but I didn't love it. The first half of the book was dreadfully boring, and I was screaming in my mind, please just something happen anything! Then the second half was so amazing that I couldn't stop reading it. So there we go with that.

She may be an evil bitch, but she is my evil bitch. And I'll have no other.

A huge theme in Kresley Cole's books are that the hero or heroine is somewhat of an ass to her/his mate. It wasn't way over the top in KISS OF A DEMON KING, I Just didn't enjoy the treatment that Sabine bestowed upon Rydstrom or Rydstrom upon Sabine. But that changed during the second half of the book, and before I knew it I couldn't stop reading this book.

“You leave me tied up like a dog? Then you had better remember that this bitch bites!” 

When they really fell for each other, I loved the sweetness and magic Kresley Cole brings to these romance books. That woman definitely works magic! Overall, it wasn't my favorite of the Immortal After Dark books, but it was still a pretty damn good installment.


No comments :

Post a Comment