Review: Law Man by Kristen Ashley

Title: Law Man
Author: Kristen Ashley
Series: Dream Man, #3
Publisher: Forever
Release Date: December 11, 2012
Pages: kindle edition, 508
Rating:

Sweet, shy Mara Hanover is in love with her neighbor. For four years, she has secretly watched her dream man from afar. Handsome police detective Mitch Lawson is way out of her league. She's a girl from the wrong side of the tracks, and there's no way a guy like Mitch would want anything to do with her. But when Mara has a leaky faucet that she can't fix, it's Mitch who comes to her rescue.

Mitch has been eyeing his beautiful neighbor for a long time. He jumps at the chance to help her, and soon their formerly platonic relationship gets very hot and heavy. But when Mara gets a disturbing phone call from her cousin's kids, she gets pulled back into the life she's tried so hard to leave behind. Can the hot law man convince Mara to let go of her past-and build a future with him?

When I started LAW MAN I really ended up loving it a whole lot, which was great. The plot, and the characters were awesome. But, there was something that ruined the book for me, where I couldn't enjoy it to the full extent. I, for the life of me, COULD NOT STAND THE HEROINE!

My problem lies with Mara, the heroine. At first she comes off as really shy, which I was okay with, but after a few chapters, her real character comes out. She is a real insecure, fucked up, dumb-ass. She is so stupid, that if I was reading an actual print book I would've thrown the book across the room. Problem #1 lies with her inability to care properly for the kids. Her niece and nephew were in a bad home for many years and she does NOTHING! They could've fucking died.

Thank god, Detective Mitch Lawson was there to clean up that mess. Grow a fucking backbone, woman! And also, when Mitch offers help with the kids. She won't accept his help. This ticks me off majorly because she has a full-time job. Who the hell is going to take care of the kids, huh? She decides to take the kids, but she hasn't thought anything over. I for one was glad Mitch was there being the classic KA Alpha Male that he is and setting this woman straight!

“Then you’re wrong and I’m right. I do know everything about you. Because out here in the real world, there aren’t ‘kinds’ and only someone twisted and fucked up or just plain stupid thinks there are.

And my second problem with this woman is the way she views life. She grew up in a bad home with a bad mother and people treated her like a trailer trash whore, because her mother was one. She got away from the shit and has a good life and she still thinks low of herself, that she is not good enough. She puts herself down all the time and her reason for not being with Mitch is because she believes she is way out of his league. One thing I hate more than anything is when a woman puts herself down all the time without reason. There was no reason for this. And this went on through almost the whole book.

“Don’t mind me. Have your moment.” Mitch leaned back, letting Billy go and grinning at me. “Men don’t have moments.” “You do,” I returned. “I’m witnessing one.”

I have to talk Mitch Lawson now! Mitch was awesome! I loved him. He had a lot of work to do with Mara and had to deal with her bullshit and craziness. But, man! He is definitely my Dream Man! And I loved the kids. I loved how Mitch was with the kids. Even though they are not his kids, he cares for them like he is the father and it touches me so much when KA Alpha men are so sweet with the kids in these books. Makes my heart melt. LAW MAN wasn't perfect, but it was still a pretty damn good book.




No comments :

Post a Comment