Review: Magic Binds by Ilona Andrews


Title: Magic Binds
Author: Ilona Andrews
Series: Kate Daniels, #9
Publisher: Ace
Release Date: September 20, 2016
Pages: 384
Rating:

Mercenary Kate Daniels knows all too well that magic in post-Shift Atlanta is a dangerous business. But nothing she’s faced could have prepared her for this…

Kate and the former Beast Lord Curran Lennart are finally making their relationship official. But there are some steep obstacles standing in the way of their walk to the altar…

Kate’s father, Roland, has kidnapped the demigod Saiman and is slowly bleeding him dry in his never-ending bid for power. A Witch Oracle has predicted that if Kate marries the man she loves, Atlanta will burn and she will lose him forever. And the only person Kate can ask for help is long dead.

The odds are impossible. The future is grim. But Kate Daniels has never been one to play by the rules…

I caught Curran giving me an interested look. Was he actually ... Yep, he was checking me out. Yeah, where were you last night, buddy? I would've stayed awake ... Well, no. Probably not. 

It is no secret that I am obsessed with the Kate Daniels Series and I was blown away how good this book was. Basically SHIT IS FINALLY HAPPENING! Can we all say OMFG! Give me more of this amazing series! I am so ready for more!

In MAGIC BINDS Kate and Curran are getting ready to finally have their wedding. Like actual wedding planning is happening, people! And people are driving Kate crazy, the usual! Haha! But Kate's father has kidnapped Saiman and Kate wants to get him back at any costs. Oh, and we have some development in the big reveal from the previous book, That means close your eyes if you haven't read the previous book!

Yes, he did. Oh he did. Now was really the wrong time to screw with me. My magic shot out of me. All of the anger I'd been trying to keep under the lid boiled out. 

Kate finds out that Roland wants Kate's future child and she is going to go through hell and back to make sure that doesn't happen. So Kate basically needs help to defeat her father from..... *BEEP* (ummm...yeah, you didn't really expect me to spill, did you?) MAGIC BINDS was everything and more! Things I totally didn't expect happened and I loved it all.

We get to have Kate fighting her dark side, we get lots of backstory on Kate's ancestors (which I loved), wedding happenings, and just enjoying Kate and Curran. One thing was this book totally had the final installment feels, but it totally isn't and there's more! I get to enjoy! And the ending?! OMFG! Like I said, SHIT IS FINALLY HAPPENING! AND IT'S GETTING EPIC!



No comments :

Post a Comment