Review: Last Sacrifice by Richelle Mead

Title: Last Sacrifice
Author: Richelle Mead
Series: Vampire Academy, #6
Publisher: Razorbill
Release Date: December 7, 2010
Pages: 594
Rating:

Rose Hathaway has always played by her own rules. She broke the law when she ran away from St. Vladimir’s Academy with her best friend and last surviving Dragomir Princess, Lissa. She broke the law when she fell in love with her gorgeous, off-limits instructor, Dimitri. And she dared to defy Queen Tatiana, leader of the Moroi world, risking her life and reputation to protect generations of dhampir guardian to come.

Now the law has finally caught up with Rose- for a crime she didn’t even commit. She’s in prison for the highest offense imaginable: the assassination of a monarch. She’ll need help from both Dimitri and Adrian to find the one living person who can stall her execution and force the Moroi elite to acknowledge a shocking new candidate for the royal throne: Vasilisa Dragomir.

But the clock on Rose’s life is running out. Rose knows in her heart the world of the dead wants her back… and this time she is truly out of second chances. The big question is, when your life is about saving others, who will save you?

Richelle Mead's Vampire Academy Series is a Winner. The sixth and Final book in the series does not disappoint, it is just as fabulous as all the other books in the series, actually it's even better. I felt like there was such a high expectation on this book and after you finish the book you amazed at how good this book is and also how sad that the series had just ended. I can honestly say that I was 100% satisfied with the ending, Mead could not have ended the series any better (or maybe she could have) she is just THAT good.

LAST SACRIFICE starts out where Spirit Bound left off. Rose is accused of the Murder of the Queen and things are not looking so well for our heroine at the moment and Rose also has her mind filled with the note the Queen left for her explaining that another Dragomir lives, that Lissa could have her spot on the thrown/council. But what is Rose to do when she is stuck in a jail cell. Will she be able to find the REAL murderer and who this other dragomir is? Or and will Rose choose between Dimitri and Adrian? All of these questions do get answered the the thrilling and exciting final book in the Vampire Academy Series, Last Sacrifice.

There was so much that I was pleased with in this book and it is so hard to talk about without giving anyway any spoilers, but I will try my best. In this book we get back all the characters that we love and we join all of them in an exciting journey to clear Rose's name in the murder of Queen Tatiana. Every character played a key role in this book and it was exciting. Lissa is determined to help Rose and by the end of the book she becomes someone that I love and respect. I feel like Lissa has grown up a big deal. I mean at first since book 1, she wasn't my favorite character, but look at how much she has grown.

And Rose's parents, Abe and Janine have just won the best parents of the year award! I don't think that I have ever read a book and loved the parents, but with Vampire Academy I adore Rose's parents. Of course I love Abe way more than Janine. Abe is such a joy. He is so funny and such an ideal father for me. I would love to have this guy as my father, not that I don't love my own dad. But Abe is hilarious. Whenever there was a scene with Abe I was like YEAH! MORE ABE! I am going to miss his character and I hope he makes a guest appearance in the spin off series.

"For a moment, I was captivated as I studied them side by side. My mother: the perfect picture of guardian excellence and decorum. My father: always capable of achieving his goals, no matter how twisted the means. Uneasily, I began to understand how I’d inherited my bizarre personality."

Adrian and Dimitri. I love both these guys and I feel like Rose has made the right decision with who she picked and of course I am not going to tell you who she picked, it needs to be a surprise and I will not be the one to spoil it for you. But Roses scenes with both of these men were just too wonderful. She spends time with both Dimitri and Adrian in this book and both relationships are like magic. There was sexual tension and longing looks and also complete happiness in the company of both men. I actually want both men to myself. Can I have them, please? From finally finishing Last Sacrifice I can say that I really think that Rose loves both of these guys in her own way. I want to say that there was one more romance that got rekindled, but I can't say who, but I loved them. They were beautiful and I wouldn't have minded more.

Every page of this book was great and as I got farther and farther into the book I just didn't want it too end. And in the future I most definitely see a re-read happening. Mead has to be one of the best authors I have ever read and I am looking forward to more from her. In LAST SACRIFICE lives will be lost and hearts will be broken, but you will love every single moment that you turn that next page.

"Ah, my daughter,ʺ
he said. ʺEighteen, and already youʹve been accused of murder, aided felons, and acquired a death count higher than most guardians will ever see.ʺ He paused. ʺI couldnʹt be prouder."

The ending of the series was too perfect. Lots of things happen, things that got complicated for Rose and things that made her lose herself and things that showed change. This Series was engaging and romantic and had everything I craved from a book. I am sad to see the series end but I am looking forward to the spin-off series. If you have not started the Vampire Academy series, you really need to take it from me and trust when I say that this series is worth your time and you will love it just as much as I did.




7 comments :

  1. I'm glad you liked it, I am also eagerly waiting for Bloodlines! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know. I thought this book was amazing! I can't wait for Bloodlines and also can't wait to find out all the characters that will be in bloodlines. So excited =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the quotes!
    I agree, I very much like Abe and I enjoyed seeing him and Janine interact.
    I also like who Rose chose, and the reasons behind it. I hope that the other gets thier happy ending.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There were so many quotes that I loved in this book, a lot from Abe! hehe. I also love her Rose chose and I am super excited for Bloodlines =D

    ReplyDelete
  5. awesome review! I LOVED this book! Abe and Janine are such great characters! when Rose thinks about their personalities and realizes how they influenced her, I laughed soooo hard LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha. I am going to miss this series. But I just loved her parents in this book! I want more Abe though! I really hope he makes an appearence in Bloodlines. =D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved all your reviews for this series. I loved the quotes you posted as well.

    ReplyDelete