Review: Angel's Blood by Nalini Singh

Title: Angel's Blood
Author: Nalini Singh
Series: Guild Hunter, #1
Publisher: Berkley
Release Date: March 3, 2009
Pages: 339
Rating:

Vampire hunter Elena Deveraux knows she's the best—but she doesn't know if she's good enough for this job. Hired by the dangerously beautiful Archangel Raphael, a being so lethal that no mortal wants his attention, only one thing is clear—failure is not an option...even if the task is impossible.

Because this time, it's not a wayward vamp she has to track. It's an archangel gone bad.

The job will put Elena in the midst of a killing spree like no other…and pull her to the razor's edge of passion. Even if the hunt doesn't destroy her, succumbing to Raphael's seductive touch just may. For when archangels play, mortals break…

“How long have you been with Raphael?”“You ask a lot of questions for a dead woman.” “What can I say? I prefer to die well-informed.”

This book was great. I didn't expect to like it as much as I did. I've always been looking for fallen angel books and the only ones I've read were young adult books and I was so glad to find an adult urban fantasy/paranormal romance one about angels. The only thing I didn't like was that during the point of view reversals, Rapheal and Elena's point of view, I really got confused, because it kind of switched immediately into the other's point of view, where I thought I was inside Elena's head but actually in Rapheal's.

I love Rapheal, dark hair and blue eyes, oh, I love those combinations, they are hot. I mean Rapheal seems really mysterious and dangerous and its like how can you resist such a man. I love Elena and Rapheal's scenes together, all their moments where the sexual tension was building up. I'm really interested on what will happen in the next book. I like the next book's cover way better than this one. Excited. I felt like this is one of the books I should've read before now but its hard to tell the ones that do that by the cover. haha. But this had everything I love, romance, action, adventure...


"I guess a dying woman can be stupid if she wants. I'm crazy about you, Archangel. You scare the shit out of me at times, but I want to dance with you anyway."

I loved how the characters were developed, favorite vampire in guild hunters Dmitri! Gotta love him. and I feel like this was kinda a different approach like how the archangels think lowly of humans and all and how you turn a vampire! That was very different in here. The ending was very satisfying. I plan to check out more of Nalini Singh's books. If u want a great read here it is!

If you liked the first two books in the Guild Hunter series, you will most definitely enjoy this one. Great storyline, Hot men, Bad-ass Heroine and if you want your seductive dark hair and blue-eyed Archangel? You got him!



No comments :

Post a Comment