Review: Gideon by Jacquelyn Frank

Title: Gideon
Author: Jacquelyn Frank
Series: The Nightwalkers, #2
Publisher: Zebra
Release Date: June 1, 2007
Pages: 337
Rating:

For a thousand years, Gideon has healed his people. And as the oldest surviving male of his race, his wisdom has always been respected without question. But Gideon knows that even he is vulnerable to the powerful, primitive desires that befall his kind during Hallowed moons--and nine years ago that truth was hammered home when he found himself claiming Magdalegna, the Demon King's sister, in a wild embrace. 

Horrified by his lack of control, he left her wanting and furious--and then exiled himself for the better part of a decade. Now, with necromancers threatening his people--and Magdalegna nearly their victim--Gideon must face another truth. He and the beautiful, stubborn Magdalegna are destined to be together, to share a love as deep and old as time itself. But first he needs to regain her trust. Then he'll have to save her life...

When I first started this book it was so hard to get into because the beginning was so slow and it went on into about 20% of the book, but it did finally pick up after that. At first it felt like the author just through Gideon and Legna together because they were there, to me there wasn't that much chemistry with the two but boy was I wrong as soon as we get farther in to the book I seen how right for each other they were. I do admit I like Jacob and Bella more but Gideon and Legna were still enjoyable to read about.

I still wish we got more Kane and Corrine. I wanted more of them. I wish they got their own book, I adore them and I would have liked to seen how their relationship developed, but I did love Gideon and Legna how they are around each other and I loved reading the parts where they were in each others mind. I went crazy when Bella was attacked, heartbreaking moment. And then going after Corrine. God. And then finding out Ruth & Mary were behind it.

I never liked Ruth but now it just makes me despise her even more, that is just so low. Mary's mate died before they knew anything about druids and it is Jacob's job as an enforcer to enforce the law. It's not anyone's fault. I really hope they kill Ruth/Mary off soon for what the did. I loved meeting Siena and Damien. I already really like these too and can't wait for their books. I think Siena is next with Elijah as the leading man for book 3, which I'm excited about I loved his character.



No comments :

Post a Comment