Review: Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side by Beth Fantaskey


Title: Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side
Author: Beth Fantaskey
Series: Jessica, #1
Publisher: Harcourt
Release Date: February 1, 2009
Pages: 351
Rating:

The undead can really screw up your senior year ...

Marrying a vampire definitely doesn’t fit into Jessica Packwood’s senior year “get-a-life” plan. But then a bizarre (and incredibly hot) new exchange student named Lucius Vladescu shows up, claiming that Jessica is a Romanian vampire princess by birth—and he’s her long-lost fiancĂ©. Armed with newfound confidence and a copy of Growing Up Undead: A Teen Vampire’s Guide to Dating, Health, and Emotions, Jessica makes a dramatic transition from average American teenager to glam European vampire princess. But when a devious cheerleader sets her sights on Lucius, Jess finds herself fighting to win back her wayward prince, stop a global vampire war—and save Lucius’s soul from eternal destruction.


Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side was a beautiful story about a girl who's past and her real parent's past she is unsure about, but finds out that not only is she a princess, but she is a vampire princess, and her fiance has come to claim her. This was a quick read and I could not put it down. I really hope to find more of these stories about vampire princess/prince. They really interest me. In this story there is romance, suspense, betrayal, the longing to find out who you really are. This is a must-read for anyone looking for a teen-vampire book.

"Princess. . . He honestly thinks I'm a vampire princess. . . . The strange, almost pleasurable, sensation I'd felt when he'd brushed my cheek was forgotten as reality hit me again. Lucius Vladescu was a lunatic."

I liked that we got to see the point of view of both Jessica and Lucius. It gave me a real inside look at the person Lucius is. Jessica and Lucius have both had a very different life. I felt that Jessica had it easy being able to live as a normal teenager where everything was harder on Lucius, he had so many expectations and had to be very strong since he was a child. Jessica has a hard time accepting all of this drama, but given time I think she realizes just how real how of this really is, her being a vampire princess.

There is a short story on Beth Fantaskey's website and there is a rumor going around that a second book will be released in the fall of 2011 titled, Jessica's Guide to Ruling on the Dark Side. I hope that we get this book soon, I am excited to read the sequel.

.

1 comment :

  1. There is going to be a second?? =D yippy! I really enjoyed the first one :) nicee!!!

    Now a follower !

    Jess :)
    http//sheknownasjess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete