Review: Magic Bites by Ilona Andrews

Title: Magic Bites
Author: Ilona Andrews
Series: Kate Daniels, #1
Publisher: Ace
Release Date: March 27, 2007
Pages: 260
Rating:

When the magic is up, rogue mages cast their spells and monsters appear, while guns refuse to fire and cars fail to start. But then technology returns, and the magic recedes as unpredictably as it arose, leaving all kinds of paranormal problems in its wake.

Kate Daniels is a down-on-her-luck mercenary who makes her living cleaning up these magical problems. But when Kate's guardian is murdered, her quest for justice draws her into a power struggle between two strong factions within Atlanta's magic circles.

The Masters of the Dead, necromancers who can control vampires, and the Pack, a paramilitary clan of shapechangers, blame each other for a series of bizarre killings—and the death of Kate's guardian may be part of the same mystery. Pressured by both sides to find the killer, Kate realizes she's way out of her league—but she wouldn't have it any other way…

When I first started reading this it was sooo hard to get into. It took me til 100 pages into the book for me to really start liking magic bites. The world is hard to get used to but once you read it, it is really good. I mean once you understand it all, it will become one of your favorites. My kind of urban fantasy book. I loved Kate, she is badass and I just loved her attitude and personality. And OMG. Curran! I love this man!

He is my favorite shifter of all this shifter books I have read! I loved their first confrontation...."here, kitty kitty." hahaha. Hilarious. Some characters I didnt like at first but as soon as I read more I've come to adore them and love all of them, like Derek. I thought he was such a brat at first, but once you get to know Derek you will adore him, he has become my third favorite character. I love Derek now. I find him a cute kid. I loved how Kate put that spell on him and then now he was really protective of her. I thought like cool. I wanna her do that to Curran..hehehe.

This was a really short book and quick read and I hope the future books will be a bit longer. I cant wait to start the next one just for some more curran!



2 comments :

  1. So you just have to stick it out then it gets easier , been wanting to read this series, Now I know just open a large block of time and be patient . Thanks for a wonderful review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kate is a true fighter, and the chemistry between her and Curran is well played with none of the smuttiness so common in books lately. If you like paranormal mixed with strong chars and a well developed storyline, then this whole series is for you. At this time there are five books in this series, each one getting better and better.

    ReplyDelete