Review: Magic Burns by Ilona Andrews

Title: Magic Burns
Author: Ilona Andrews
Series: Kate Daniels, #2
Publisher: Ace
Release Date: April 1, 2008
Pages: 260
Rating:

As a mercenary who cleans up after magic goes wrong, Kate Daniels has seen her share of occupational hazards. Normally, waves of paranormal energy ebb and flow across Atlanta like a tide. But once every seven years, a flare comes, a time when magic runs rampant. Now Kate's going to have to deal with problems on a much bigger scale; a divine one.

When Kate sets out to retrieve a set of stolen maps for the Pack, Atlanta's paramilitary clan of shapeshifters, she quickly realizes much more is at stake. During a flare, gods and goddesses can manifest - and battle for power. The stolen maps are only the opening gambit in an epic tug-of-war between two gods hoping for rebirth. And if Kate can't stop the cataclysmic showdown, the city may not survive...

The beginning was a little slow for me to get into but i got into it. I loved this one way better than the first one. I loved Kate and Curran even more in this book. We have just way more interaction with Kate and Curran in MAGIC BURNS and you see Curran more as a love interest for Kate in MAGIC BURNS. I thought that the feeding her soup part was cute and i loved them getting at each other. “You okay in there?” he asked. “You need me to come and hold your hand or something?” I locked the door and heard him laughing. Bastard.

I loved that part. Kate and Curran are funny as hell. I really loved the part about Aunt B explaining what Curran giving Kate the soup meant in shapeshifter terms, and OMG. I seriously couldn’t stop laughing. I like Curran loves messing with Kate, its like his new hobby. haha.

I didn't like Julie at first, but I’ve come to love her and cried a little during the part where she couldn't stay with Kate. Kate and Julie have a strong bond. And I really hope we see more of Julie in the future. I LOVED BRAN! I just loved his character so much. He would’ve made an excellent rival for Curran for Kate’s affections. He’s hard not to like. Bran’s scenes with Kate were just too perfect. I was so sad at the ending. I thought this book was better than magic bites, really stepped it up a bit. This series may have just become listed under my top 5.



No comments :

Post a Comment