Review: I'm the Vampire, That's Why by Michele Bardsley

Title:  I'm the Vampire, That's Why
Author:  Michelle Bardsley
Series:  Broken Heart Vampires, #1
Publisher:  Signet
Release Date:  September 5, 2006
Pages:  321
Rating:  


When Jessica Matthews, a suburban divorcée and mother of two, gets savagely attacked one night by a werewolf, she awakens to find herself sucking blood from the thigh of 4,000-year-old vampire Patrick O'Halloran. He explains that the only way to have kept her from dying was to turn her into a vampire like himself.

Now Jessica finds herself recruited to hunt the rampaging Lycan, who may be Patrick's brother, alongside Patrick and the mysterious paranormal organization called the Consortium. Bardsley has done considerable research into Celtic legends in order to create her vampire society, but her research doesn't make for a successful book.

Rather than giving us, as the title would suggest, a satirical look at a soccer mom turned "sucker mom" attempting to balance normal daily life with a most abnormal nightlife, Bardsley focuses on Jessica's explicit sexual longing for Patrick and the mundane conflict between the Consortium and their evil counterparts, the Wraith. Though amusing at times, the meat of this vampire tale is oddly bloodless.

I'M THE VAMPIRE, THAT'S WHY is a humorous paranormal romance like no other. I read this book in one day. It is a very funny and light-hearted paranormal read that is just fun to read for any paranormal fan. Bardsley has done a terrific job at creating these characters to be so very real. I just want to follow all of these characters and learn more about them. I enjoyed this book way too much.

Jessica Matthews is a single mom that gets turned into a vampire and I think that is an interesting twist to the story. I always read about single normal women who get turned and blah. blah. blah. Being a mother and a vampire makes things harder where you have to make important decisions. I liked that part. Patrick O'Hallogen is sex on a stick. I loved this guy. He not only seduces Jesscia, he seduces me into wanting more of these steamy scenes between Jessica and Patrick.

"Why are you naked?" "The better to feed you, m'dear." He pointed between his legs and my gaze roved along his cock. Then I saw his forefinger tapping his inner thigh. "Femoral artery." "Riiight. And the major vein in your neck wasn't good enough because… ?" One black brow winged up and those delicious lips curved into a naughty smile. "Ah. Because then I wouldn't have had an excuse to get naked."

We get introduced to other characters that where we will soon read their story and I can't wait, because some of these character, scratch that almost all of these characters I adored. Patrick's brother, Lorcan is next in line to read about and I can't wait to read about him. I think he will be equally delicious. I am so happy that there are like 7 or 8 more books in the series. I must have gotten lucky for my first book of 2011 to be as great as this one. I am really looking forward to more books from this author. Bardsley has literally blew me away with this fun read.

I really enjoyed this book. I was really happy that it was NEVER boring. I know in some of the humorous paranormal romance books I have read that they were really good , but some part were slow or a little boring, but this was was fast, engaging, entertaining and I never wanted the book to end. I enjoyed Jessica as the heroine of this book and Patrick was the best. I am still drooling over him...hehe.

1 comment :

  1. wooohooo! so happy you loved this one! this series is hilarious! =D

    ReplyDelete