Review: Lover Revealed by J.R. Ward

Title: Lover Revealed
Author: J.R. Ward
Series: Black Dagger Brotherhood, #4
Publisher: Signet
Release Date: March 6, 2007
Pages: 455
Rating:

Butch O'Neal is a fighter by nature. A hard-living ex-homicide cop, he's the only human ever to be allowed in the inner circle of the Black Dagger Brotherhood. And he wants to go even deeper into the vampire world-to engage in the turf war with the lessers. His heart belongs to a female vampire, Marissa, an aristocratic beauty who's way out of his league. And if he can't have her, then at least he can fight side by side with the Brothers. 

But fate curses him with the very thing he wants. When Butch sacrifices himself to save a civilian vampire from the slayers, he falls prey to the darkest force in the war. Left for dead, he's found by a miracle, and the Brotherhood calls on Marissa to bring him back, though even her love may not be enough to save him.

I went into LOVER REVEALED disliking the couple, Marissa and Butch and I came out disliking them even more. It didn't really surprise me that I didn't like this book because I wasn't expecting to in the first place since the main couple are two of my least favorite main characters.

I did start liking Butch a bit more in the last book, LOVER REVEALED, but in  Lover Revealed both Butch and Marissa got on my nerves. One minute I was angry at Butch to the way he's handling things and his attitude towards Marissa and then the next thing I know I'm pissed at Marissa for something and it went on and on like that to the end of the book. I'll be honest. I skimmed a lot of it because I just wanted to get it over with and finish the book.

I really just didn't she the magic in this couple like I did with the previous ones. I didn't get that spark between them that I love to see in paranormal romance couples. I just thought everything about this book was ridiculous. It enraged me even more that everyone is in everyone's business when it wasn't their business in the first place.

I think the only good thing about this book was the wonderful side story. Thank god I am interested in good old, John Matthews or I probably would have thrown this book across the room and be down with it. I adore John Matthew and I won't let the main couple story ruin the chance to read about him because he is one of the best characters in this series.

Overall, I can't really say I am disappointed because I didn't expect much to begin with involving Marissa and Butch. For me this was just one of those books I needed to get out of the way to continue on with the rest of the story. Even though I didn't like  LOVER REVEALED I am really looking forward to Lover Unbound.



No comments :

Post a Comment