Review: Bared to You by Sylvia Day


Title:  Bared to You
Author:  Sylvia Day
Series:  Crossfire, #1
Publisher:  Penguin
Release Date:  May 24, 2012
Pages:  362
Rating:  




Our journey began in fire...

Gideon Cross came into my life like lightning in the darkness—beautiful and brilliant, jagged and white-hot. I was drawn to him as I'd never been to anything or anyone in my life. I craved his touch like a drug, even knowing it would weaken me. I was flawed and damaged, and he opened those cracks in me so easily...

Gideon knew. He had demons of his own. And we would become the mirrors that reflected each other's most private wounds... and desires.


"I'm losing my mind without you.” His lips were gliding down my neck, his tongue stroking over my racing pulse. He sucked on my skin and pleasure radiated through me. “I can’t think. I can’t work or sleep. My body aches for you. I can make you want me again. Let me try.”

HOLY MOTHER OF GOD! I can't tell you all how impressed I am. I mean, there are no words! BARED TO YOU was one of the best erotic romances I have ever had the pleasure of reading and I am already dying for the second book! I seriously cannot stop thinking about this book! All I can say is I am so glad that I picked up this book!

"That's what scares me, Gideon. You don’t know what you’re worth.” “Actually, I do. Twelve bill—” “Shut up.”

Eva Tramell moves to NYC starting a new stop and getting started on her career and lives close to her mother and rich step father. And she is roomates with her best friend Cary, who is gay. They both have very traumatic pasts, but they have a great friendship and love to have fun and all that stuff! Of course, Eva meets our hot and sexy, Gideon Cross soon after and she is instantly attracted to this uber hot bussinessman. IT becomes known that he actually owns the building that she is working in. It becomes a trouble to resist him.

“Why? Why would you do that?”
"You have your way of dealing with jealousy and I have mine.


Gideon Cross is my everything! I love that man! I may just have a thing for rich bussiness men. They may make me a little hot. Especially when he says the most swoon worthy things. He is extremely charming and addictive. Very Highly addictive, I may add. I swear I wish I was Eva! She is so freaking lucky to have such a man! Eva has so many doubts and worries and at times I wanted to shake sense into her that COME ON, HE IS SO PERFECT! But I understand her in a way too.

“I can let you in, Eva. I’m trying. But your first response when I screw up is to run away. You do it every time and I can’t stand feeling like any moment I’m going to do or say something wrong and you’re going to bolt.”

Eva has gone through something so terrifying and she is still healing and it doesn't help that her mother is breathing down her neck all the time. Eva has gone to wanting Gideon, to having him, to having insecruties, and to the point of trusting him with her past, but she is still scared inside too and things need to go one step at a time. But I loved reading how their relationship developed and it got to me emotionally.

He nuzzled my breasts. “When you’re not with me, I feel—Don’t run anymore, Eva. I can’t take it.” He pulled me up to stand in front of him, keeping his cock in me until the soles of my heels touched the hardwood floor. “Come home with me now.”

Gideon has a past too and we don't find out too much about it, because he is not willing to spill the deets yet. But hopefully soon! Gideon Cross is so alpha it makes all us fangirls scream for more! They challenge each other in a way and Gideon is the glue he does not give up on her, ever! He wants Eva, so he is going to have her and that is the kind of male I like for my heroines, one like this! They are so good for each other.

"I have one one type: Eva Lauren Tramell. That’s it.” I rolled my eyes. “Okay. Whatever.”

The sex scenes were absolutely perfect! I have no complains! They were hot! I mean man, oh man! I wanted more! Good thing I bookmarked those chapters. I think it makes an even more difference that these two characters are a little damaged with troubling pasts that they are still dealing with. It makes their moments so much sweeter and emotional. And you will just have to read the book to get the full on experience. BARED TO YOU was just so amazing and one of the best reads of the year for me! I will most definitely be re-reading this and I highly recommend it for all you romance junkies.



4 comments :

  1. I absolutely love this series. Seriously, go get the second book ASAP. The third book comes out in June and it sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I listened to this one on audio; SUPER hot! I haven’t gotten around to the second one yet but it’s definitely on my wishlist! Glad to hear that you enjoyed it so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those quotes got me swooning, this is going on my tbr right away!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay, you’re officially a Crossfire girl now!! So proud of you :P lol. And I’m glad you loved the book. This one pulled out my emotional artillery and Reflected in You rocked my socks off, so girl hurry and read it!! >.< LOL

    ReplyDelete