Review: Spell Bound by Rachel Hawkins

Title: Spell Bound
Author: Rachel Hawkins
Series: Hex Hall, #3
Publisher: Hyperion Book CH
Release Date: March 13, 2012
Pages: 327
Rating:

Hailed as “impossible to put down,” the Hex Hall series has both critics and teens cheering. With a winning combination of romance, action, magic and humor, this third volume will leave readers enchanted.

Just as Sophie Mercer has come to accept her extraordinary magical powers as a demon, the Prodigium Council strips them away. Now Sophie is defenseless, alone, and at the mercy of her sworn enemies—the Brannicks, a family of warrior women who hunt down the Prodigium. Or at least that’s what Sophie thinks, until she makes a surprising discovery. The Brannicks know an epic war is coming, and they believe Sophie is the only one powerful enough to stop the world from ending. But without her magic, Sophie isn’t as confident.

Sophie’s bound for one hell of a ride—can she get her powers back before it’s too late?

“In the past few hours, I’ve been possessed, nearly had my head caved in, and found out my mom is secretly a Prodigium hunter. And before that, I lost just about everyone else I care about, and discovered that people I trusted are secretly demon-raising creeps. My life sucks pretty hard right now. So, yeah. I’m making jokes.”

Oh, man! Oh, man! Oh, man! I was nervous to read SPELL BOUND because I had waited so long to read it and that I may need a memory refresher as well, but none was needed at all! I jumped right back into the series where I had left off and couldn't stop once I started and SPELL BOUND definitely delivers!

“I’m the worst fiancée ever, aren’t I?” Cal lifted one shoulder. “Nah. This one warlock I knew, his betrothed set him on fire.” 

I had missed all of the characters! I love this series and its snarky dialogue and couldn't get enough of it. I enjoyed the new characters and the old. We get to see Sophie's dad, James again. I love that man to death! For some reason I want a short story on Sophie's dad and mom! Hehe Okay. Moving on. I missed Archer and Oh, Cal! I cannot believe they did that to you. Is there this rule that when there is a love triangle that you gotta kill off the other love interest or something that I don't know about. Jeez.

“Whoa, I'm your girlfriend now?" Archer shrugged. "We've tried to kill each other, fought ghouls, and kissed a lot. I'm pretty sure we're married in some cultures.” 

Anyway, SPELL BOUND could not have ended better. I loved Sophie and Archer! I heart you so much, Archer! And Cal, you will be missed! I will really miss Sophie and the whole gang. Amazing end to the series, I really enjoyed it and I am sad to see it go!



No comments :

Post a Comment