Review: Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas


Title: Crown of Midnight
Author: Sarah J. Maas
Series: Throne of Glass #2
Publisher: Bloomsbury USA Children's
Release Date: August 27, 2013
Pages: 418
Rating:

From the throne of glass rules a king with a fist of iron and a soul as black as pitch. Assassin Celaena Sardothien won a brutal contest to become his Champion. Yet Celaena is far from loyal to the crown. She hides her secret vigilantly; she knows that the man she serves is bent on evil.

Keeping up the deadly charade becomes increasingly difficult when Celaena realizes she is not the only one seeking justice. As she tries to untangle the mysteries buried deep within the glass castle, her closest relationships suffer. It seems no one is above questioning her allegiances—not the Crown Prince Dorian; not Chaol, the Captain of the Guard; not even her best friend, Nehemia, a foreign princess with a rebel heart.

Then one terrible night, the secrets they have all been keeping lead to an unspeakable tragedy. As Celaena's world shatters, she will be forced to give up the very thing most precious to her and decide once and for all where her true loyalties lie... and whom she is ultimately willing to fight for.

Oh.my. FUCKING GOD! I am already a fan of Sarah J Mass after reading her Court of Thorns and Roses Series, but OMFG, THIS BOOK! Uh. Uh. I have no words! I am now officially on board with the Throne of Glass Series! I have to say this book was FUCKING EPIC!

In CROWN OF MIDNIGHT, Celaena is the King's Champion and it is revealed that she hasn't been doing any assassinating for the King. She has been faking the intended target's death, which is a dangerous game Celaena is playing. If caught, it could mean the death of her friend Nehemia, her family and Chaol. But then more shit happens, and then more and then what the fuck shit happens and then epic shit happens, ummm. yeah, you get the picture!

But anyways, I want to discuss! Dorian and Chaol! I love Dorian and I ship the hell out of him. #TEAMDORIAN! But I want to cry because it looks like that isn't going to happen. *pouts* I did not like Chaol in the previous book at all, in this book it just seemed like Celaena went from Dorian to Chaol is point zero seconds.

And this book screams #TEAMCHAOL. My thing is I don't hate them, but I don't love them either. I'm in the middle. And Chaol doesn't help his case by being so indecisive about Celaena. He has a thing for her, because under that assassin is this girl with a big heart. But he makes a point to note that she's a danger to Adalan everytime she does something that he doesn't approve of. It's annoying and that is not love.

My reaction/rants thoughts, SPOILERS BEWARE: 
♦ Dorian has magic! YEEESHHH!
♦ Obviously, THE KING NEEDS TO DIE!
♦ So Nehemia obviously planned to die, right?
♦ Archer really played Celaena, Seriously?! And she almost decided to spare him, really?
Like Hell no! I got that impression.
♦ And also, Celaena is fae and kept that from us all this time? lol!
♦ And she know's she Aelin Galathynius, lost Queen of Terrasen?
♦ Oh, and at the end, really, Chaol? Why can't he just see through the King and what a danger he is to the world! I would only like Chaol if he kept his mouth shut, well, maybe not even then!

But anyways, CROWN OF MIDNIGHT was FUCKING LIFE! It was so freaking good! And I have to say I haven't read a good YA/NA Series is a LONG ASS FUCKING TIME, (not counting ACOMAF, b/c it's by the same author). I'm actually glad I didn't read this series til now because now I have 3 more books to enjoy and don't have to wait for them to release! HELL TO THE YEEESSSHHH! I love you Sarah J. Mass, thank you for becoming an author and giving me LIFE!



No comments :

Post a Comment