Review: Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas


Title: Heir of Fire
Author: Sarah J. Maas
Series: Throne of Glass #3
Publisher: Bloomsbury USA Children's
Release Date: September 2, 2014
Pages: 565
Rating:

Celaena has survived deadly contests and shattering heartbreak―but at an unspeakable cost. Now, she must travel to a new land to confront her darkest truth . . . a truth about her heritage that could change her life―and her future―forever. Meanwhile, brutal and monstrous forces are gathering on the horizon, intent on enslaving her world. Will Celaena find the strength to not only fight her inner demons, but to take on the evil that is about to be unleashed?

The bestselling series that has captured readers all over the world reaches new heights in this sequel to the New York Times best-selling Crown of Midnight. Packed with heart-pounding action, fierce new characters, and swoon-worthy romance, this third book will enthrall readers from start to finish.

Okay. I just to have to say wow. HEIR OF FIRE was just so very DRAINING. I have to admit that I did not like this book as much as the other two books in the Throne of Glass series. To be honest IT WAS VERY BORING for the majority of the book. The second half was way better than the first half, but I put the book down so many times and it was so hard to get myself to pick it back up again.

In HEIR OF FIRE, Celaena is still recovering from the death of her friend, Nehemia. And she is now in the land of her Aunt Fae Queen, Maeve, who I might add is a bitch. Celaena is hoping to get some information from her, but in return she has to train with one of Maeve's Fae warrior's, Prince Rowan Whitethorn, to hone her fae magic and come to terms with her true identity as, Aelin Galathynius, Lost Queen of Terrasen. So begins the training from hell.

Obviously we have some new characters in this book. 
Rowan Whitethorn. Loved him. Okay, hateed him at first and then once he showed his self and his personality a little and opened up to Celaena, I totally fell for him. I am totally falling in love with too many Sarah J. Mass' men! Ugh!

Then we have Aedion Ashryver, who is Aelin's long lost cousin and childhood friend. I HEART HIM SO MUCH! He is so loyal to his people and his queen. He has been through a lot and he better get his chance to reunite with Aelin and it better be EPIC!

We also have Manon Blackbeak, who is a Ironteeth witch, heir to the Blackbeak Clan. And when she was introduced I screamed, BADASS IN HOUSE! You just don't mess with Manon! I'm really interested to see where and how this character develops in the upcoming books.

And lastly Sorcha who is a healer in the Adarlan castle and is doing the nasty nasty with Dorian! lol!

My reaction/rants thoughts, SPOILERS BEWARE: 
Chaol Westfall. Oh, my god. #fuckhim
Dorian & Aedion better be okay! Don't mess with my hunnies!
The King has lived long enough. KILL HIM ALREADY!
Chaol, Aedion, Sorcha & Dorian in deep shit. I FREAKING DIED!
Calaena (Aelin) is a badass with her fae magic!
I want to marry Dorian, Aedion and Rowan!
Fae Queen, Maeve! #bitch #needstodie

But I really have to stop or I am going to write a book! HEIR OF FIRE had it's flaws, but it was still a pretty good read. The book was basically Celaena recovering from her friend's death and coming to terms with her past and readying to take a stand and reclaim her title, Aelin Galathynius, Lost Queen of Terrasen. It's obvious the next book is gonna be FUCKING EPIC! I'm excited to get my ass on Queen of Shadows.



No comments :

Post a Comment