Review: Gemina by Amie Kaufman & Jay Kristoff


Title: Gemina
Author: Amie Kaufman, Jay Kristoff
Series: The Illuminae Files #2
Publisher: Knopf Books for Young Readers
Release Date: October 18 , 2016
Pages: 659
Rating:

Moving to a space station at the edge of the galaxy was always going to be the death of Hanna’s social life. Nobody said it might actually get her killed.

The sci-fi saga that began with the breakout bestseller Illuminae continues on board the Jump Station Heimdall, where two new characters will confront the next wave of the BeiTech assault.

Hanna is the station captain’s pampered daughter; Nik the reluctant member of a notorious crime family. But while the pair are struggling with the realities of life aboard the galaxy’s most boring space station, little do they know that Kady Grant and the Hypatia are headed right toward Heimdall, carrying news of the Kerenza invasion.

When an elite BeiTech strike team invades the station, Hanna and Nik are thrown together to defend their home. But alien predators are picking off the station residents one by one, and a malfunction in the station’s wormhole means the space-time continuum might be ripped in two before dinner. Soon Hanna and Nik aren’t just fighting for their own survival; the fate of everyone on the Hypatia—and possibly the known universe—is in their hands.

But relax. They’ve totally got this. They hope.
WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK?! I seriously have no freaking clue which book I loved better, ILLUMINAE or GEMINA! They both were equally AMAZING! And I don't think I have ever thought that about a first and second book in a a YA Series. To be so speechless beyond believe. To read a book that really stuns and wow's you! To not be able to put the book down. I mean, my god. HOLY FUCK, THIS BOOK! WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN ALL MY LIFE?! As you know from Illuminae, we still have that great format I love so much. GEMINA is told in emails, documents, military files, ims, pictures and more. And it's one of the things I absolutely love about this trilogy.

GEMINA focuses on the Hemidall Jump Station where the Hypatia is trying to get to spread word about the Kerenza invasion. But Hemidall is having their own problems as a elite BeiTech strike team invades Hemidall to take control and killing people off. And we have Hannah Donnelly, the Captain's daughter and Nik Malikov, member of a crime family trying to save Hemidall and help Hypatia from BeiTech! Now when I heard the book would be centered on a different cast of character I was slightly disappointed. So I didn't read this right after Illuminae, I put it off for some time. I worried over nothing. The characters were just as amazing as the ones in Illuminae!

Hannah and Nik! At the beginning Hannah had a boyfriend and Nik was her drug dealer. And Nik was obviously so into Hannah. And she off as a spoiler rich girl. But once the story moved along I came to like them. I'm not going to say I liked them more that Kady and Ezra, but I really did enjoy them. But once the BeiTech strike team invades Hemidall, damn! these two definitely how bad-ass they were. Especially Hannah! Behind all gorgeous face is a warrior!

Of course, I have to have a SPOILER SECTION, so BEWARE if you haven't read the book and don't blame me if you spoiled yourself. I did WARN YOU. But I just have to talk about this shit! Charles Donnelly. My heart broke when he died. All I could think about was Hannah. And he died so horribly. My god. And obviously Hannah kicking the shit out of these BeiTech team members. You go, girl! And when Hannah stabs Nightingale in the eye and wrote in lipstick on the floor: WHO'S NEXT? COME PLAY! HD XOXO Oh, my god! You gotta love this girl!

Jackson Merrick. Hannah's BFF. Secret Double Agent. I knew there was something up with him when he was telling her to turn herself in the BeiTech strike team so they won't kill anymore or some shit. That was just bizarre. But to find out he was the one who betrayed everyone. He is the reason why BeiTech got on Hemidall. Oh, my god! PURE RAGE! And the part later were he is talking to her that she chose Nik and not him?! WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK? You fucking betrayed her? Her fucking dad id dead because of you! And after all that she's suppose to choose you!? ARE YOU FOR REAL? In the end he does right by Hannah and stays behind to sacrifice himself she Hannah, Nik and Ella (Nik's cousin) can escape.

I prayed through this whole book that Isaac Grant made it out alive. Thank god he did. I couldn't take it if Kady lost both her mom and her dad. Thank you for not killing him! And the different universe thing. Like what? So much shit happening in this book! And before I forget NOT ENOUGH AIDAN! Please let there be more Aidan in the final book! I NEED HIM IN MY LIFE! And then the ending! Can somebody say cliffhanger? Thank god Obsidio is already out! We are now at the END OF THE SPOILER SECTION.


But DAMN! I got so freaking excited when I read such a fantastic book that I go kinda crazy for a little bit! GEMINA definitely had me engaged. It's like these books read like an actual movie and you're there and you're seeing everything unfold. And The Illuminae Files would be a FUCKING AMAZING movie! All I can say is what I've been saying for this whole review already, it was absolutely amazing and I was blown alway and I need to leave you and go reads OBSIDIO ASAP!


No comments :

Post a Comment