Review: Jacob by Jacquelyn Frank

Title: Jacob
Author: Jacquelyn Frank
Series: The Nightwalkers, #1
Publisher: Zebra
Release Date: December 1, 2006
Pages: 376
Rating:

Since time began, there have been Nightwalkers—the races of the night who live in the shadows of the moonlight. Love with humans is absolutely forbidden, and one man makes certain to uphold this ancient law: Jacob, the Enforcer...

FOR 700 YEARS, HE HAS RESISTED TEMPTATION.
BUT NOT TONIGHT...

Jacob knows the excuses his people give when the madness overtakes them and they fall prey to their lust for humans. He's heard every one and still brought the trespassers to justice. Immune to forbidden desires, uncontrollable hungers, or the curse of the moon, his control is total...until the moment he sees Isabella on a shadowy New York City street. Saving her life wasn't in his plans. Nor were the overwhelming feelings she arouses in him. But the moment he holds her in his arms and feels the soft explosion of her body against his, everything changes. Their attraction is undeniable, volatile, and completely against the law. Suddenly everything Jacob has ever believed is inflamed by the heat of desire...

I thought this love story was so beautiful. Apparently if you like Black Daggar Brotherhood Series by J.R. Ward you will like this. Even though I was not crazy about the Black Daggar Brotherhood Series, I loved this book. I loved the take on demons. I thought it was very different and interesting. They are not really evil beings and they have this powers depending on their elements, like fire, water, earth, body, mind...I thought that was so cool and am very intrigied by it all and will definitely be continuing the series.

I loved this soulmate and destiny thing between Jacob and Bella and I really enjoyed following them to the end of the story. I thought their love story was quite beautiful and I enjoyed finding out what Bella was and how her and Jacob's destiny would play out and all his insercurities and all. I feel like she is his light and I just really enjoyed this love story so much.

I loved all of the other characters. I loved Noah and Eliah. I thought they were funny at times and Noah is very wise and I admired him and am glad he is the king. I can't wait to read Noah's story. Eliah was just too funny, letting a girl(Bella) beat him...haha. I enjoyed Gideon. I feel he is also very wise and ancient and I have a feeling i will like his story next. I loved Legna and have grown to just adore her because she is so sweet.

And Corrdine and Kane, I wish we got more of them and wish there was more where she would wake up and see Kane and what would happen next. I hope maybe we get some of them in one of the other books. This book was overall very enjoyable as any paranormal romance series can be. If you like paranormal romance, you should definitely check it out.



1 comment :

  1. I started to read this book, gonna have to give it another try though. I at first couldn't get into it but I think I went into a reading rut. Read too much at once .

    ReplyDelete