Review: Magic Bleeds by Ilona Andrews

Title: Magic Bleeds
Author: Ilona Andrews
Series: Kate Daniels, #4
Publisher: Ace
Release Date: May 25, 2010
Pages: 349
Rating:

Atlanta would be a nice place to live, if it weren’t for the magic. When the magic is up, rogue mages cast their spells and monsters appear, while guns refuse to fire and cars fail to start. But then technology returns, and the magic recedes as unpredictably as it rose.

Kate Daniels works for the Order of the Knights of Merciful Aid, officially as a liaison with the mercenary guild. Unofficially, she cleans up the paranormal problems no one else wants to handle—especially if they involve Atlanta’s shapeshifting community.

When she’s called in to investigate a fight at the Steel Horse, a bar midway between the territories of the shapeshifters and the necromancers, Kate quickly discovers there’s a new player in town. One who’s been around for thousands of years—and rode to war at the side of Kate’s father.

This foe may be too much even for Kate and Curran, the Lord of the Beasts, to handle. Because this time, Kate will be taking on family…

So I really liked this one but this one did not top Magic Strikes, but it was close. Magic Strikes and MAGIC BLEEDS = Best in the Series. In MAGIC BLEEDS, so much is happening we finally get some more info about Kate’s past and some family info also, Erra, is Kate’s aunt and also Roland’s older sister and I just loved the chapter where she comes to visit Kate at home and we have this conversation wit them and get to learn quite a few things, I really despise her aunt though, I wonder if we’ll finally meet Roland in Magic Slays, book 5. I would be so happy if we get to. I loved Kate’s and Erra’s fight.

And next order of business, I loved Curran and Kate in this book, they are funny as ever. First we have the whole misunderstanding wit that whole dinner, and than the mating dance which was funny as hell, OMFG. I think I’m still laughing…okay…I’ll give you a hint. it has something to do with Curran + chair + Kate = read and find out!!! (but it was so funny) Yup. I’m still laughing. I loved that. One of the best scenes in the book, so funny them messing wit each other. I loved the scene where Kate and Curran finally deal with this about the dinner and sort out all the misunderstandings and have such a wonderful moment together, I wanted MORE!!!!

And also where Kate finally talks to Curran about who she really is. Them talking about their past’s is something deep for being in a relationship. I loved that whole entire chapter and the next one. I just loved how the both talked to each other about their past’s about what happened to Curran and why he wants her in the keep with him(feel so bad for him, he really needs and derserves happiness with Kate) and Kate explaining all of her fears to him and why she would be a horrible mate for him….god, I could just read that chapter over and over again.

I loved how kate was there for Curran like how Curran was there for kate in magic strikes. I thought…awwwwww….and I was so mad when I got to the last page b/c I want to read the next book Magic Slays which isn’t even out yet! ugh….hurry the hell up, march! I did feel like we didn’t get much of the other characters in the pack I like so much and also Julie, I wish we had more of Derek also, but I think this book was just mainly about Curran/Kate sorting out everything about their relationship and her confrontation with her family, but I do hope we get some more Julie and Derek in the next book. I really did enjoy this book. I have so many favorite scenes. A great read.



No comments :

Post a Comment