Review: Magic Strikes by Ilona Andrews

Title: Magic Strikes
Author: Ilona Andrews
Series: Kate Daniels, #3
Publisher: Ace
Release Date: March 31, 2009
Pages: 310
Rating:

Drafted into working for the Order of Merciful Aid, mercenary Kate Daniels has more paranormal problems than she knows what to do with these days. And in Atlanta, where magic comes and goes like the tide, that's saying a lot.

But when Kate's werewolf friend Derek is discovered nearly dead, she must confront her greatest challenge yet. As her investigation leads her to the Midnight Games—an invitation only, no holds barred, ultimate preternatural fighting tournament—she and Curran, the Lord of the Beasts, uncover a dark plot that may forever alter the face of Atlanta's shapeshifting community…

“I ripped my left arm out of his hand and slammed my elbow into his solar plexus. He exhaled in a gasp. I lunged for the dagger and sat on top of him, my knees pinning his arms, my dagger on his throat. 

He lay still. “I give up,” he said and smiled. “Your move.” 
Er. I was sitting atop the Beast Lord in my underwear, holding a knife to his throat. What the hell was my next move?” 

My thought at this very moment: OMFG. It was amazing! 10X better than the first 2 books in the series. I couldn’t stop reading it, basically I read it in 2 days, if not for work I would’ve read it in 1 day. The book grabbed me from start to finish and everything was just like wow. One thing I was so happy to get in this book is a couple of the characters pasts, like Kate’s past. I was so interested to know a little bit more about her, and now after reading this one, I wanna know way more about her. She is definitely one my top 5 heroines. I want to know about her father more and exited for Roland and Kate’s showdown.

Poor derek. I loved derek and i was so sad in this book. I was like noooooo! I loved that we get to find out a little about Derek, how Jim and Curran met Derek. And I thought part of the story was cute that Derek is like a son or a brother to Curran.

“He scooped me up and suddenly I was pressed against his chest. “Were you worried about me?” "No, I’m ranting for fun, because I’m a disagreeable bitch!” 

Kate and Curran! I love their sexual tension. I just loved every single scene between these two, and the dinner promise, so funny, which leads to a cliffhanger at the end and I’m like ugh. Gotta go grab the next book. Kate and Curran with their funny lines in the book together, like the one where she says “I'm up late in the night worrying about your feelings, you majesty.” I love the dialogue in this books, hilarious and this book definitely derserves more than a 5 star rating. cant wait to get onto the next book, Magic Bleeds.



No comments :

Post a Comment