Review: Reaver by Larissa Ione

Title: Reaver
Author: Larissa Ione
Series: Lords of the Deliverance, #5
Publisher: Grand Central Publishing
Release Date: December 17, 2013
Pages: 400
Rating:

WARRIOR OF HEAVEN

Reaver is an angel with a past, a record, and a less-than-heavenly attitude. Powerful enough to fight alongside the fiercest battle angels-and crazy enough to risk his wings on a one-way mission to hell-he's agreed to go where no angel has ever gone before...to steal the most seductive and dangerous prize of Satan himself.

ANGEL OF HELL

Harvester is one of the Fallen, a once-heroic angel who sacrificed her wings to work as an undercover agent in hell. But now her cover has been blown, and she's been doomed to an eternity of agonizing torture. Even if Reaver can snatch her away from Satan's lair, even if they can fight their way out of the underworld's darkest depths, there is one thing Harvester can never escape-her newfound thirst for an angel's blood...

REAVER by Larissa Ione was quite the ride. I have to say that it didn't wow me, like many of Ione's other books have. I think the problem remained to be that I wasn't all that invested in Reaver's story. Mainly he wasn't a character I had wanted to really read about front and center and he still felt like one of the side characters. I don't really know how to explain it.

I felt the whole storyline was interesting though. I liked finding out about Reaver and Harvester's past, who they were and how that all affects them today. But I think their personalities are all out of wack though comparing the past and present Harvester and Reaver. And unfortunately, my feelings towards Harvester did not change in this book. I understand that she sacrificed so much for Reaver and his children, but I just didn't warm up to her. I guess once you leave an impression that impression sticks.

I did really enjoy seeing old characters again, like our Demonica gang! And the ending was really good. REAVER by Larissa Ione ended up being good, but just not great. And I am so happy there will be more Demonica books! I definitely am looking forward to the next! I love Ione's paranormal romance books!



2 comments :

  1. I started book 1 of LoD the other day and it was hella good! I’m planning to binge on the series this week :)

    Merry Christmas, pretty lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yah! Third book is all full of EPIC-NESS!
    And Merry Christmas to you too, even if it’s a belated one. LOL

    ReplyDelete